A delicious recipe from Dining At Dawn on the Morning Rush Hour.
4 lbs. ribs, 2 sides pork spareribs
2-3 cups beer, white wine or water
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup chili powder
1/4 cup paprika
2 Tbsp. cayenne pepper
2 Tbsp. granulated garlic
2 Tbsp. salt
2 Tbsp. pepper
6 Tbsp. brown sugar
3 Tbsp. soy sauce
3 tsp. dry mustard
2 tsp. ground ginger
1 Tbsp. red pepper flakes
1 tsp. molasses
2 Tbsp. tomato ketchup
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Cut ribs into three-bone pieces.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl, then rub into the rib pieces.
2. Prepare tamale steamer with 2 cups of beer, white wine or water. Put on medium-high heat. Place the rib pieces in the steamer and lean them up against each other and place the lid on.
3. Steam ribs for at least 1 hour, adding liquid so the pot does not go dry. When the ribs are fork tender, place them on a baking rack to cool.
1. Mix all ingredients together in a glass bowl. Cover and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour to infuse flavors.
2. Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place baking rack on cookie sheet, then brush rib pieces thoroughly. Bake for 20-25 minutes, brushing the ribs every five minutes.
Serve with fresh chopped cilantro.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings