8 sweet potatoes, scrubbed
1 cup dried cranberries
4 Tbsp. butter
2 large pears, peeled and cored, cut into 1/4" dice
1 cup pecans, toasted and coarsely chopped
4 tsp. golden brown sugar
4 tsp. minced fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. balsamic vinegar
1/2 tsp. salt
1. Pierce potatoes with fork and rub with oil. Place on foil lined tray and bake until tender.
2. Soften cranberries in hot water for 5 minutes; drain.
3. Melt 1/2 butter in saute pan, saute until softened; add cranberries, pecans, brown sugar, ginger, and continue to cook for another minute; mix in 1/2 vinegar and salt.
4. Cut off 1/4 of each potato lengthwise, discard tops. Gently spoon out pulp into bowl. Add butter and remaining vinegar and season.
5. Spoon back into potato and mound top with cranberry mixture.
6. Cover until use. Re-warm sweet potatoes, uncovered, in 350° oven until heated through (about 20 minutes).