8 oz. venison steaks, cut in strips
Seasoned flour, as required
4 oz. mushrooms, sliced
2 oz. shallots, chopped
2 oz. white wine
1 oz. gherkins, cut in thin strips
2 oz. whipping cream
1/4 oz. paprika
2 oz. butter
1. Melt the butter in skillet.
2. Coat the venison strips in the seasoned flour. Add the venison to the skillet and quickly cook.
3. Add shallots and mushrooms; cook until shallots are soft and the mushrooms cooked. Add paprika.
4. Deglaze skillet with wine and reduce by 50 percent. Add the gherkins and cook for about a minute.
5. Add the cream and bring to a boil. Cook until the sauce thickens.
6. Serve over buttered noodles.