2 cloves of garlic, minced
12 shrimp (25-30 count)
1 oz. olive oil
1 oz. spike seasoning
1/4 Tbsp.crushed red pepper
4 oz. apricot jelly
2 oz. balsamic vinegar
2 oz. brown sugar
2 oz. water
1 oz. green onion, diced
1 oz. mixed colored peppers, diced
Salt and pepper to your taste
1. In small bowl mix together olive oil, spike seasoning, and crushed red peppers.
2. Dredge shrimp thru marinade and place into iron skillet over medium heat and cook for approximately about one minute on each side.
3. Place shrimp back into marinade while preparing dressing.
1. Mix together all ingredients until well blended.
2. Select your favorite garden greens and place shrimp atop bed of lettuce.
3. Accompany by your favorite toppings and then you are ready to top your salad with your low fat apricot dressing.
The Chef's favorite toppings for this salad consist of precooked diced bacon, cucumbers, tomatoes, broccoli florets, baby carrots and parmesan cheese.