1 pkg. fresh cranberries
2 cups whipping cream
1 tsp. vanilla
2 tsp. unflavored gelatin
3/4 - 1 cup powdered sugar
Oranges (as many as desired)
1 1/4 cup flour
1/2 cup butter
1. Prepare cranberries according to directions on package, removing 1 cup berries and sauce for glaze.
2. Finish simmering remaining berries.
1. Whip whipping cream, vanilla, unflavored gelatin dissolved, and add powder sugar.
2. Whip until stiff peaks form.
1. Stir chilled cranberry sauce, fold into whip creme, mix well.
1. Peel oranges, enough to make multiple layers.
2. Divide oranges into sections, remove pith and membrane.
1. Combine flour, cut in butter.
2. Form mixture into ball, knead till smooth.
3. Roll out dough and cut into desired shape.
4. Bake at 300° for 30 min.
1. Assemble alternate layers of shortbread, mousse then oranges twice, topping with shortbread.
2. Sift powder sugar over everything, drizzle with reserve glaze, thin with water if necessary.
3. Garnish with mint sprig and serve.