1 extra large turkey leg
8 oz. maple flavored sausage
1 cup bread crumbs
1 12 oz. can chicken stock
2 Tbsp. flour
Salt and pepper to season meat
2 oz. butter
1. Lay the turkey leg on a cutting board so the inside is up. With a sharp knife, slice through the skin and meat length wise down to the bone. Start at the top of the thigh then continue along the leg to the knuckle. Use the bones as a guide and cut away the meat, removing the thigh and leg bone still attached at the knuckle. Flatten the meat out by tapping it with a tenderizing mallet. Remove tendons from the leg meat, but don't poke through the skin.
2. Mix bread crumbs with the sausage. Season the turkey leg meat with salt and pepper and place sausage stuffing along the middle. Roll up the leg and tuck in the ends so you end up with a log skin side out. Next, take lengths of twine and tie the log every inch to secure filling.
3. Heat up butter in a skillet and brown leg all over. Then place skillet and leg into a pre-heated 350° oven and bake for 40 minutes until at least 160° internal temperature.
4. Remove the leg, then add flour to skillet and stir to make a paste with drippings over medium heat. Cook for two minutes, then slowly add chicken stock and stir thoroughly; cook for five minutes at a slow simmer.
5. Remove string, cut leg into medallions and top with pan gravy.
Yield: 3 to 4 servings