1 9-inch piecrust
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, separated
3 Tbsp. flour
1 1/4 cup buttermilk
Juice of 1/2 a lemon
1 tsp. lemon zest
1. Bake piecrust for 10 minutes at 425° until lightly brown.
2. Allow crust to cool. Meanwhile, beat butter and sugar together, add egg yolks and continue beating.
3. Add flour, buttermilk, lemon juice, and lemon zest and beat until smooth.
4. In a separate bowl, beat egg whites until stiff peaks form.
5. Fold into pie mixture and bake at 350° for 45-50 minutes.
6. Cool before serving.
The Skinny: Use your favorite egg and sugar substitute.