Try these tasty treats for the holiday season.
8 cups cocoa-flavored rice cereal
1/2 cup butter
1 pkg. regular marshmallows
Powdered sugar (optional)
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 cup butter, softened
1 tsp. vanilla
1 or 2 Tbsp. milk
1. Place cereal in large bowl.
2. Melt 1/2 cup butter in three-quart pan. Add marshmallows.
3. Cook over medium heat, stir until marshmallows are melted.
4. Pour mixture over cereal.
5. Press mixture in greased pan and let cool 30 minutes.
6. Invert pan on waxed paper.
7. Make a mitten pattern and cut around the pattern with a knife.
8. Shape remaining mixture into balls. Roll balls in powdered sugar.
1. Combine ingredients, except milk, in smaller mixer bowl.
2. Beat at low speed, gradually add milk for spreading consistency.
3. Spoon frosting into re-sealable bag and snip tip from the corner of the bag.
4. Decorate mittens with frosting.