Frozen Strawberry Lemonade
8 large lemons
1 pint strawberries, cut into slices and hulled, if desired
3/4 cup sugar
6 cups cold, sparkling water
Lemon slices and fresh mint leaves, for garnish
1. Wash and squeeze the juice from the lemons, reserving the lemon skins.
2. Strain the juice into a pitcher.
3. Add the lemon skins and sugar. Using a wooden spoon, crush the lemon skins into the juice and sugar to release the oils.
4. Add the sliced strawberries and sparkling water and stir to mix well.
5. Pour all the ingredients into a blender, add ice cubes, and blend until smooth.
6. Serve in chilled glasses and garnish with lemon slices and fresh mint leaves.
Sparkling water makes lemonade even more refreshing. This version is on the tart side. You can certainly make it sweeter, or even substitute artificial sweetener for the sugar, if you prefer.