1 pkg. lemon gelatin
1 3/4 hot water
1/4 cup lemon juice
1/2 tsp. grated zest
1 cup sugar
1 can chilled evaporated milk
2 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
Maraschino cherries, optional
1. In a 9 x 12 x 2 pan, form 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs into a crust.
2. In a bowl, dissolve the gelatin and hot water; let partially set in refrigerator.
3. When partially set whip mixture until light and fluffy; add lemon juice, zest, and sugar. Mix well.
4. Whip chilled evaporated milk until stiff: fold into the gelatin mixture. Pour over graham cracker crumb crust.
5. Use remaining cracker crumbs to sprinkle over top of dessert. Garnish with Maraschino cherries.
6. Serve by cutting into squares.
Yield: 12-16 servings