Cashew Encrusted Halibut with Vanilla Bean Sauce
This is a scrumptious halibut recipe!
2 (6 oz.) halibut filets
1/2 cup crushed cashews
1/3 cup blueberry sauce (blueberry syrup)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 vanilla bean, split
1 cup cream
1 tsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. fresh dill, chopped
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Take each filet and cut in half. Then, marinate halibut in blueberry sauce for 15 minutes.
2. Drain fish and press in crushed cashews.
3. Saute fish in a skillet on medium in the butter until golden brown on both sides. Lower heat to finish cooking all the way through.
4. While fish finishes cooking: heat cream, vanilla bean and lemon juice up to a simmer. Stir frequently. Take off stove and season with salt and pepper. Add fresh dill before serving.
5. Serve halibut right away with vanilla bean sauce on top with a sprig of fresh dill and lemon on the side.
Yield: 2 servings