Creamy Gorgonzola Fettuccine
This is a great dish to serve at your next dinner party.
8 oz. uncooked fettuccine
3 cups (1-inch) diagonally sliced asparagus, about 10 oz.
2 tsp. butter or stick margarine
4 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
1 1/4 cup skim milk
1/4 cup (2 oz.) gorgonzola or other blue cheese, crumbled
2 Tbsp. chopped walnuts, toasted
Freshly ground pepper (optional)
1. Cook the pasta in boiling water six minutes.
2. Add the asparagus and cook for two minutes or until the pasta and asparagus are tender.
3. Drain pasta and asparagus; place in large bowl.
4. Melt butter in a medium saucepan over medium high heat. Add the garlic, and cook three minutes.
5. Add flour, cook 30 seconds, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, stirring well with a whisk.
6. Stir in the cream cheese and salt; cook for three minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
7. Add sauce to pasta mixture; toss to coat.
8. Serve with Gorgonzola and walnuts, and sprinkle with pepper, if desired.