Cherry-Choc Angel Food Cake
1 pkg. angel food cake mix
1/2 cup finely chopped maraschino cherries, well drained
1 sq. (or 1 oz.) chocolate, grated (semi sweet, or milk)
1/2 cup-finely chopped pecans (optional)
2 Tbsp. butter
1 square chocolate
2 Tbsp. light corn syrup
1 cup confectioners' sugar
3-5 Tbsp. maraschino cherry juice
1. Prepare cake mix according to package directions.
2. Fold cherries, chocolate and nuts into batter. Pour into ungreased tube pan. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until cake springs back when lightly touched.
2. Immediately invert pan. Let cool completely. Remove from tube pan.
3. In saucepan, combine butter, chocolate and corn syrup. Cook and stir over low heat until chocolate is melted.
4. Stir in powdered sugar and cherry juice until glaze reaches desired consistency.
5. Drizzle over cake.