2 hearts of romaine, chopped
2 cups croutons
3 cloves garlic
2 anchovy filets
1 egg coddled, heated in 90° water
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
1 Tbsp. fresh ground pepper
Fresh grated parmesan cheese
1. Wash lettuce in cool water, then drain and chop. Place in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes.
2. To make the dressing, smash garlic in a steel bowl with the back of a fork until it is a paste.
3. Add anchovies, mustard and pepper, then continue to mash with the back of the fork.
4. Whisk in the egg, then the oil, a little at a time until smooth and creamy.
5. Add lettuce, croutons and cheese, then toss and serve. Top with extra cheese.
Yield: 3 to 5 servings