Cheeky Chocolate Mousse With Sesame Seed Toffee Snaps
It is easy to make this great tasting treat!
Cheeky Chocolate Mousse
225 g good quality dark chocolate, bashed up
70 g butter, cut into pieces
350 ml double cream
2 large eggs, preferably organic
1 Tbsp. amaretto
2 Tbsp. good honey
Sesame Seed Toffee Snaps
445 g caster sugar
200 g pack of sesame seeds
1. In a bowl over some gently simmering water, slowly, melt the chocolate and butter together then remove from the heat.
2. In a separate bowl, semi-whip the cream, until soft peaks; not too stiff.
3. In a third bowl, whisk the eggs and honey until light and fluffy, then fold in the amaretto, melted chocolate mixture and cream -- gently, so you don't lose too much air.
4. Pour into some small wineglasses or serving dishes and leave to chill for at least an hour before serving.
1. Put sugar and 8 Tbsp. of water into a pan on a medium heat. Use a spoon to stir together -- it will become a syrup.
2. Carry on cooking until light golden, then add your sesame seeds and continue to cook until dark brown.
3. Pour out your sesame seed caramel on to an oiled non-stick tray or oiled tin-foil. Use a palette knife to push it out to about 0.5cm thick (even thinner if you can).