- 1 lb. ham slice (about 1 inch thick)
- 1 orange
- 1 apple
- handful of craisins (or fresh cranberries)
- 2 T. brown sugar
- 2 lg. or 4 sm. sweet potatoes
- 1 T. reduced fat margarine
- small amount of hot milk
- cinnamon and grated orange peel, optional
1. Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Place ham in a casserole dish and arrange fruit slices and craisins in an attractive design on top of ham. Sprinkle with brown sugar. Cover casserole.
2. Baste several times with hot juices. Bake about 45 minutes, uncovering for the last 10 minutes. While ham is baking, drop sweet potatoes, with skins left on, into boiling water. Cover and cook for about 25 minutes until tender.
3. Skin potatoes and mash with a potato masher. Add orange peel, margarine, and milk, then beat with a fork or whisk until light. Sprinkle with cinnamon if desired.
1/4 recipe (ham and potatoes) = under 400 calories
entire recipe is about $6