1/3 c. coarsely chopped walnuts
1 Red Delicious apple
1 Granny Smith apple
2 lb. Heavenly Ham's boneless smoked turkey breast
6 c. spring greens or your salad greens of choice
fresh raspberries for garnish
1 egg yolk
2 T. Dijon mustard
1/4 c. white wine vinegar
1 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. ground pepper
1 c. walnut oil
1 T. toasted walnuts
1. In shallow pan, bake walnuts at 300 degrees for 20 - 25 minutes, until toasted. Set aside to cool, reserve 1 tablespoon for walnute vinaigrette.
2. In small bowl, combine 2 cups of cold water with the juice of a lemon. Core, peel, and thinly slice the apples and put into lemon water.
3. Roll or otherwise arrange the smoked turkey slices and apple slices on a plate or serving platter by alternating the turkey and apple slices. Arrange the spring greens on the serving plate or platter.
4. Drizzle walnut vinaigrette over smoked turkey and spring greens. Garnish with toasted walnuts and raspberries. Pass the remaining vinaigreet in a sauce boat.
Serves 4 - 6 people
1. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg yolk and mustard. Mix the vinegar, salt, and pepper.
2. Gradually whisk in the oil. Add the toasted walnuts and serve at room temperature.
Makes about 1 1/2 cups