Resolution Salad With Salmon & Portobello Mushroom
2 med. Portobello mushrooms
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/2 cup olive oil
12 oz. fresh salmon, cut into four pieces
1 small bag fresh salad greens
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1/2 fresh cut lemon
1/2 onion, chopped
3 oz. honey mustard dressing
Salt and pepper
1. In a small bowl whisk together olive oil and vinegar.
2. Clean mushrooms and remove stems. Place mushrooms in a 1-quart Ziploc bag with oil and vinegar mixture. Seal and place in refrigerator for two hours.
3. Remove mushrooms and bake in a 350° oven for 12-15 minutes on a cookie sheet. Remove mushrooms and set aside.
4. Fill 2/3 of a medium saucepan with water. Bring to a boil, then add fresh cut lemon and onion. Reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
5. Add salmon and cover saucepan. Cook salmon for 8-10 minutes, then remove carefully.
6. To build salad, cut each mushroom into eight wedges. Place four wedges on each plate pointing toward center.
7. Toss salad greens in a bowl with lemon juice and place a handful on top of the mushroom.
8. Top greens with salmon piece and drizzle 3 oz. Honey mustard dressing to finish salad.
Yield: 4 servings