This Dining at Dawn recipe was submitted by viewer Mary Kuschel and prepared by Chef Roberts.
4 Tbsp. butter
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
6 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves (about 1 1/2 pounds)
1/4 cups all-purpose flour
8 oz. container sliced button or small mushrooms
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1 cup Marsala wine
1 cup canned beef broth
1/4 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. chopped flat leaf Italian parsley
1. Heat two Tbsp. butter and the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat until butter is melted.
2. Meanwhile, coat chicken in flour; shake off excess.
3. Working in batches if necessary to avoid crowding skillet, add chicken to skillet. Saute chicken over medium-high heat four to six minutes or until golden brown, turning once. Remove chicken from skillet.
4. Add the mushrooms and garlic; saute two minutes or until browned. Add the wine and beef broth to skillet; simmer for two minutes, scraping up any bits from bottom of skillet with a wooden spoon.
5. Place chicken on baking sheet and bake 8-10 minutes at 350°. Check to make sure the chicken is cooked thoroughly. Continue to let sauce simmer and thicken.
6. Reduce heat to low and add two Tbsp. butter to sauce. When butter is incorporated, place chicken back in the sauce and coat breasts.
7. Place chicken breasts on platter.