16 large raw shrimp, peeled & deveined
2 cloves of garlic, minced
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/8 cup red onion, diced
2 Tbsp. tequila
1/4 bunch cilantro, chopped
1 Tbsp. chili powder
1/2 cup heavy cream
3 oz. shredded jack or goat cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat olive oil in a large non-stick skillet. Add shrimp. Cook 1 minute on each side, then add garlic and onion, stirring continuously for 1 minute.
2. Add tequila and cilantro and flambe until flame subsides.
3. Add cream and turn heat down to medium-low. Add chili powder.
4. Stir, then take shrimp out and arrange on plates while sauce thickens.
5. Check sauce for flavor, and add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Top shrimp with sauce and cheese. Garnish with whole cilantro leaves.
Yield: 4 appetizers