A delicious dessert treat for any chocolate lover.
1 pint heavy whipping cream
1/2 cup powdered sugar
1 cup chocolate chips
7 eggs, separated
2 oz. Cognac (optional)
1. Heat chocolate chips with one tablespoon of water in double boiler until melted.
2. Whip heavy cream in mixer until stiff; do not over-beat.
3. Whip egg whites in mixer until they form peaks. Add melted chocolate to egg yolks and then fold in powdered sugar.
4. Fold in whipping cream and whipped egg whites in chocolate, egg, and sugar mixture.
5. Gently add Cognac, if desired.
6. Refrigerate for six hours to allow mousse to set. After mousse has set, do not remix, as it will separate.