1 green pepper
1 cucumber, peeled
1 1/2 c. low-sodium tomato juice
2 cloves garlic
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/2 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 tsp. dried sweet basil
1 T. oil
1. Chop 3/4 of the vegetables into large chunks.
2. Cut remaining vegetables into small pieces and reserve.
3. Place half of the tomato juice, half of the chunk-sized vegetables, and garlic in a blender or food processor, and blend at low speed until finely chopped.
4. Repeat with remaining juice and chunk-sized vegetables.
5. Stir blenderized mixture, small-size vegetables, pepper, oregano, basil, and oil together.
6. Cover and chill.
Yields: 6 servings
Fat: 2.6 grams