Non-stick cooking spray
1 medium onion, chopped (about 1/2 cup)
4 cups shredded zucchini (1 pound)
1/2 tsp. salt
3 medium eggs
1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 tsp. snipped fresh basil
1/8 tsp. freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1 medium zucchini, very thinly sliced
2 large tomatoes, sliced
Sliced, pitted ripe olives
1. Coat a small skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat.
2. Add onions, cook and stir till onion is tender, but not brown and set aside.
3. Coat a 12-inch pizza pan with non-stick cooking spray, and set aside.
4. Spread shredded zucchini on a large platter or shallow baking pan. Let stand for 15 minutes. Using paper towels, gently press excess moisture from zucchini.
5. In a large bowl, beat together eggs, Parmesan, flour, basil and pepper till combined.
6. Stir in mozzarella, shredded zucchini, and onion till well combined. Pour into prepared pizza pan, spreading evenly.
7. Bake in a 350 degree oven for 15 minutes or until very lightly browned and eggs are set.
8. Remove from oven.
9. Arrange zucchini slices on top of baked mixture. Arrange tomatoes on top of zucchini. If you'd like, sprinkle olives and additional Parmesan cheese.
10. Bake 10 minutes more.
Makes 4 main-dish servings.