My husband thinks I spend hours in the kitchen every time I make this (ha-ha).
1-6 lbs. roasted chicken
1-2 head of garlic
2 Tbsp. butter
1 onion, thickly sliced
Carrots, red skin potatoes (side dish)
1. Preheat oven to 425°.
2. Remove the chicken giblets.
3. Rinse the chicken inside and out.
4. Place the chicken in a roasting pan.
5. Liberally salt and pepper the inside of the chicken.
6. Squeeze lemon halves over the chicken.
7. Stuff the cavity with the lemon halves, a bunch of thyme, half of the onion, and all of the garlic.
8. Brush the outside of the chicken with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
9. Scatter the rest of the onion around the chicken.
10. Optional: Place carrots and red skin potatoes under chicken.
11. Roast for 1 1/2 to 2 hours or until the juices run clear when you cut between a leg and thigh.
12. Remove to a platter and you have a tasty and healthy dinner.