2 (10 oz.) sirloin steak
1 cup hot water
2 Tbsp. kosher salt
2 Tbsp brown sugar
2 Tbsp. pickling spice
2 garlic cloves
2 oz. stout beer, room temperature
1 Tbsp. honey
2 oz. demi-glace (thickened low sodium beef broth can be used)
1. Heat water and add salt, sugar, and spices. Allow to cool to room temperature and pour over steaks.
2. Allow steaks to cure 6 - 8 hours. Remove from cure and pat dry.
3. Heat skillet and add a little oil. Pan cook steak until desired doneness. Remove from pan and keep warm.
4. Deglaze pan with beer while pan is still on heat. Allow to reduce slightly and add honey.
5. Add beef sauce and allow to reduce to consistency. Pour around steak.
6. Serve topped with mustard chantilly accompanied by mashed potatoes and cooked cabbage.