As prepared at the Pullman Restaurant in Staunton
2 cups crushed cashews tossed with cornstarch to coat
4 – 8 oz. uncooked chicken breasts (pound and cut into medallions)
1/3 cup shredded coconut
1 cup freshly chopped cilantro, packed
4 oz. crushed pineapple, drained
1/3 cup coconut milk
2 tsp. curry powder
1 tsp. ground ginger
1/8 tsp. salt
1/4 cup water
2 Tbsp. lime juice
1 Tbsp. minced, seeded jalepeno
1 Tbsp. minced garlic
1. To make relish, combine all relish ingredients thoroughly. Set aside.
2. In one bowl, combine cornstarch and finely chopped cashew nuts.
3. In another bowl, combine the shredded coconut, cilantro, pineapple, coconut milk, curry powder, ginger, salt, water, lime (or lemon) juice, jalepenos, and garlic. Mix together well.
4. Dip uncooked chicken pieces in coconut milk until coated and then transfer chicken to cornstarch/ cashew nut mixture. Coat evenly on both sides.
5. Brown chicken in olive oil until cooked thoroughly.
6. Spoon relish mixture on top.
Tip: Relish mixture can be made in advance to save time.