4 (3 to 4 oz.) medallions of beef tenderloin
1 shallot, julienned
1 portabello cap, julienned
2 tsp. minced garlic
Olive oil (enough to just coat the pan)
4 Tbsp. demi-glaze
2 tsp. cracked black pepper
2 pinches kosher salt
1 Tbsp. unsalted butter
Splash of brandy
1. Heat oil.
2. Coat steak with cracked pepper. Sear one side.
3. Add portabello and shallots, turn meat.
4. When shallots and portabello are browned, add demi-glaze.
5. Cook steak to desired temperature.
6. Add splash of cognac, light to flambe and serve!