Spiced Shrimp and Jicama Summer Salad
6 shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 jicama, peeled and shredded
1 orange, peeled and sectioned
1 Asian pear, cored and sliced
1 tsp mint, chopped
2 Tbsp. cider vinegar
2 Tbsp. orange juice
1 tsp chipotle pepper, minced
8 Tbsp. grapeseed oil
1 avocado, peeled and sliced
1 Tbsp. creole spice mix
Mint sprigs for garnish
1. For salad toss jicama, orange sections, asian pear, and mint together.
2. For vinaigrette mix vinegar, orange juice, pepper and whisk in grapeseed oil slowly.
3. For shrimp coat with creole spice and grill for 2 minutes each side.
4. To assemble, place avocado slices on plate, top with jicama salad, then arrange shrimp around salad.
5. Finish with the vinaigrette and garnish with mint.