Mexican Hoorah (Chicken Casserole)
Prepared by our second Taste of the Valley Viewer Cook-Off Winner, Marcie Wenzel
24 corn tortillas
1 can green enchilada sauce
4 cups cooked chicken, boned and diced
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 can cream of celery soup
1 Tbsp. oil
1/2 cup onion, chopped and sauteed
4 oz. can diced green chiles
4 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, monterey, or mexican blend)
1. Spray 9 x 13" pan with cooking spray.
2. Saute onion in 1 Tbsp. oil until soft.
3. Add cream of chicken and celery soups and green chiles. Set aside to cool.
4. Dip 9 tortillas in enchilada sauce and lay in pan.
5. Spread half of soup mixture on tortillas and then spread two cups of chicken on top.
6. Sprinkle 1 cup cheese.
7. Repeat steps 4 - 6 for second layer using remaining soup and chicken mix and 1 cup cheese.
8. Dip remaining six tortillas in enchilada sauce and lay on top of second layer.
9. Bake at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and sprinkle with remaining cheese.
11. Return to oven for 15 minutes or until cheese is melted.
12. Remove from oven and allow to sit for 15 minutes before serving. Garnish with dollop of sour cream.