Prepared by our first Taste of the Valley Viewer Cook-Off Winner, Ann Corbin
11/2 - 2 lbs. steak (round, sirloin tip, or cube), cut into serving size pieces
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1 cup chopped celery
1 cup chopped onion
1 can (28 oz) crushed tomatoes
1 Tbsp. sugar
1 – 1 1/2 tsp salt
1/8 tsp. pepper
1 cup frozen peas and carrots
1. Brown meat in skillet with olive oil, approximately three minutes on each side. Remove meat from pan.
2. Add celery and onions and saute until slightly tender but still crispy.
3. In dutch oven pan add tomatoes, sugar, salt, pepper, peas and carrots, celery, onions, and meat. Stir.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for approximately 2 - 21/2 hours or until meat is tender.
5. Serve with mashed potatoes, pouring sauce over potatoes.
Note: May also be cooked in crock pot on low heat approximately 6 - 8 hours.
Yield: 4 – 6 servings