1 salmon with skin on, cut into 3 inch squares
1 small onion
1 medium table carrot
1 Tbsp. unflavored gelatin
1/2 cup clam juice
1 1/2 cups chicken stock
2/3 cup mayonnaise
2 Tbsp. lemon juice
1 tsp. dill
1/2 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/2 tsp. pepper
Pinch of salt
1. Cut up lemon, onion and carrot and boil in 1 gallon of water in a stock pot for 15 minutes.
2. Reduce heat to medium-low then carefully add salmon. Poach for 12-15 minutes then carefully remove salmon and set on a baking rack to cool.
3. Place in refrigerator for at least 1 hour.
1. Heat chicken stock over medium-low heat in a saucepan.
2. In a bowl dissolve gelatin in clam juice then slowly whisk mixture into chicken stock. Let cool to room temperature while stirring constantly.
3. Pull out salmon and season with salt and pepper, leaving it on the baking rack. Start to brush liquid on salmon with a pastry brush, allowing to set for 10 minutes in between coats. Four or 5 coats should give the salmon a nice sheen.
1. Mix together all ingredients in a bowl until smooth. Serve chilled-spiced salmon with lemon-dill sauce and your favorite crackers.
Yield: Serves 6 to 8 people; this is a healthy summer appetizer