Salmon Florentine Encroute
Try a taste of the sea with this salmon dish.
1 side fresh salmon or other choice fish
1 lb. fresh spinach
1/2 pint heavy cream
1 pkg. puff pastry (cut into squares)
1 cup all purpose flour
1 cup garlic butter (1 Tbl. minced garlic to 1 lb. unsalted butter)
1 cup white wine
Salt, white pepper and granulated garlic to taste
1. Preheat oven to 350°.
2. Season salmon with salt, pepper and garlic. Saute until golden brown.
3. Season salmon on greased sheet pan and bake at 350 ° for 12 minutes or until firm to touch.
4. In same pan that was used to saute the salmon, saute the spinach. Add a dash of white wine, let reduce.
5. Add cream and reduce, finishing with garlic butter.
6. Cut pastry into squares. Place on greased sheet pan and bake until golden brown.
7. To serve, arrange one piece of puff pastry in the center of the plate, placing the salmon on top. Spoon the spinach mixture over the salmon and top with a second piece of puff pastry.