1/4 cup cheddar cheese
1/2 cup pouched broccoli
4 oz. bacon, diced
1 9-inch pie shell, partially baked
1 1/2 cups half-and-half
1/2 cups whipping cream
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. ground white pepper
1/2 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. In a medium skillet, saute bacon over medium-high heat to remove some fat (about 8 min.). Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper-towel-lined plate; cool briefly. Sprinkle over bottom of partially baked quiche shell.
3. In a large mixing bowl, beat eggs and stir in half-and-half, cream, salt, pepper and nutmeg. Add in the cheddar cheese and broccoli, mix together gently before pouring in shell.
4. Pour into shell and bake until knife inserted in center comes out clean (about 1 hour).
5. Remove from oven and cool 30 minutes before serving. Serve at room temperature.
Yield: 8-10 servings