Caribbean Shrimp With Mango Salsa
Take a mini vacation with our Caribbean shrimp.
1 lb. large shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 tsp. ground allspice
1/2" piece cinnamon stick, ground
1 tsp. black pepper, ground
1/4 tsp. freshly grated nutmeg
1/2 small red onion
4 green onions
2 garlic cloves
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeds removed
1 1/2 tsp. fine sea salt
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2 ripe mangos, peeled and cut into 1/4" cubes
1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
4 Tbsp. chopped cilantro
Zest of lime
Juice of 2 limes
1 tsp. sugar
1. In a food processor, puree together all the marinade ingredients to form a thick paste.
2. Coat the shrimp well with the marinade, at least 8 hours or in minutes with an instant marinader.
3. Soak 10-12 skewers in water for 20 minutes.
4. Place three shrimp on each skewer and cook on a very hot grill or grill pan for 1 1/2 minutes on each side.
5. Serve warm or room temperature with Mango Salsa.
1. Toss all ingredients together gently in a non-reactive bowl.
2. Serve within 12 hours.