A nutritious new-take on a favorite Mexican meal.
2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
8 to 10 flour tortillas
1 lb. boneless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 medium onion, sliced
1 red bell pepper
1 yellow bell pepper
1 green bell pepper
1 cup sliced mushrooms
1/4 cup fresh cilantro
1 tsp. garlic powder
2 tsp. cumin
1 can cream of mushroom soup (low fat/low sodium)
1/4 cup chunky salsa
1/2 cup cheddar cheese (low fat)
1/2 cup Monterey jack cheese (low fat)
Salt and pepper
1. Heat oil in skillet and when hot (water dances atop the oil) add chicken and onions and saute until chicken is browned, stirring constantly.
2. Add peppers, mushrooms, cilantro, cumin, and garlic powder to skillet and cook for about five minutes stirring often.
3. Add soup and salsa and simmer for two minutes or until it has cooked through.
4. Spoon about 1/2 cup mixture down the middle of the tortilla and sprinkle about a tablespoon of both cheeses over the top of the mixture.
5. Fold sides over and serve hot.
6. Season with salt and/or pepper (optional).