A sweet and tasty treat for you to eat.
8 Bosc pears
2 cups red wine
2 Tbsp. fresh squeezed lemon juice
1 cup sugar
1 cinnamon stick
Lemon zest from one lemon
1 vanilla bean
1 cup heavy cream
2 Tbsp. cognac
1. Peel the pears without removing the stems. Put in a deep non-reactive pan.
2. In another non-reactive saucepan, bring ingredients at left and enough water to cover the pears to a boil.
3. Pour the liquid over the pears and simmer slowly until the pears are just tender, 10 to 20 minutes. Carefully remove pears.
4. Rapidly boil down the liquid to about one cup. Thicken a little with cornstarch and water, cool sauce.
5. Whip the cream until stiff, then whip in the cognac.
6. Pour mixture over pears and serve.