Try this dish for a brunch, a breakfast or a lunch.
This dish requires ingredients to stand overnight.
16 pieces of white bread, crusts removed (day old is best)
8 slices Canadian bacon or ham
8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
6 eggs, beaten
1/2 tsp. dry mustard
1/2 tsp. Worcester sauce
1 cup whole milk
Dash of pepper
1. Place 8 slices of bread flat in a 9x13 buttered pan.
2. Place one slice of Canadian bacon and one slice of cheese on each piece of bread. Cover with a second piece bread.
3. Mix the remaining ingredients together. Pour over the bread and let stand in refrigerator overnight.
4. Before baking, melt 1/4 lb. butter or margarine and pour over the top. Cover with crushed potato chips.
5. Bake one hour uncovered at 350°.