6 salmon fillets, skinless
1 English or seedless cucumber, finely chopped
1 green onion, thinly sliced
1 Tbsp. cilantro, cut into strips
3-4 Tbsp. seasoned rice wine vinegar
2 cups fresh California strawberries, hulled and diced small.
1 yellow pepper
1 stick unsalted butter
1 clove garlic
1 Tbsp. honey
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
1. Mix cucumbers, green onion, cilantro and vinegar.
2. Cover and chill at least one hour. Just before serving, add strawberries.
3. In a small saucepan, melt butter with garlic over low heat. Stir in honey, soy sauce and lemon juice and cook two minutes, set aside.
4. Prepare a charcoal grill. When ready, brush sauce on salmon pieces and place on a well oiled fish grilling rack.
5. Place rack over coals about four inches from fire and grill approximately four to five minutes on each side.
6. Brush with sauce again after turning and again when done.