1 #10 can chili
3 lbs. hamburger
24 oz. onions, diced
24 oz. green peppers, diced
3/4 Tbsp. chili powder
3/4 tsp. Cayenne pepper
1 #5 can tomato juice
1 #10 can diced tomatoes
1 Tbsp. salt
1 Tbsp. sugar
1. Sauté hamburger on flat grill with peppers and onions. Break up the meat and stir frequently. When meat is thoroughly cooked (no pink), place in steam jacket.
2. Pour tomato juice into steam jacket.
3. Stir in cayenne pepper, chili powder, salt and sugar with a wire whip. Add all remaining ingredients. Bring to a simmer and cook fifteen minutes while stirring.
4. If needed, place the amount of product for one day’s usage into service.
5. Pour the remaining chili into shallow pans. Place them on the top shelf of the refrigerator to reach less than 40°. in less than four hours. Divide chili into small batches and freeze in 2 qt. or 4 qt. storage containers. Label appropriately.
6. Thaw frozen chili 24 hours before re-heating in microwave or steam jacket.