4 game hens, washed and dried
1/2 cup Dijon mustard
1/2 cup honey
1/3 cup butter, melted
4 cups boiling water
1 cup cleaned wild rice
1 tsp. salt
1/2 cup onion, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
3 Tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
3 Tbsp. butter, melted
1 gala apple diced w/ rind
1. Mix mustard, honey and melted butter and set aside.
2. Put rice in boiling water and salt, reduce heat to low and cook until tender.
3. Saute onion, garlic and thyme in butter until onions are translucent. Stir into rice mixture. Cool the mixture completely.
4. Stuff the hens with the mixture and tie the legs together to keep stuffing in the birds.
5. Put the hens in a roasting pan and pour the rest of the mixture over the birds. Pour 1/2 of the warm honey mixture over the birds.
6. Bake at 350° for 1 1/2 hours, basting every 15 minutes with the honey mustard mixture.