1 Tbsp. shallots
1 Tbsp. garlic
1 Tbsp. lemongrass
1 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. red curry paste
1 Tbsp. sweet chili sauce
1 tsp. ground chili paste with basil
1 Tbsp. palm sugar
13 - 15 mussels
1/4 cup mirin
1 cup coconut milk
Salt and pepper
Note: Many of these ingredients can be found in local Asian markets.
1. Preheat pan with oil, add shallots, garlic, lemongrass and ginger, and saute for a minute until translucent.
2. Add curry paste, sweet chili sauce, ground chili with basil and palm sugar.
3. Continue cooking until ingredients are starting to caramelize.
4. Add mussels, deglaze pan with mirin, reduce by 1/2 and add coconut milk.
5. Reduce to thicken and add butter to finish.