As prepared at the Stonewall Jackson Inn Bed & Breakfast
14 oz quality lump crab meat
1 1/2 oz. mayonnaise
2 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
Splash liquid crab boil
1 tsp. hot sauce
1 Tbsp. shredded carrots
1 Tbsp. diced roasted red pepper
1Tbsp. diced scallions
Bread crumbs; enough to help form cakes
2 egg yolks
1/2 tsp. hot sauce
1 tsp. lemon juice
1/2 tsp. cold water
1/2 stick of clarified butter (heat 3/4 stick and skim off the cream that rises)
1. Mix all ingredients together and then create relatively thin cakes the size of English muffins.
2. Saute the cakes in oil, until golden brown. Dry on a paper towel.
1. Over a pot of boiling water (double boiler), whisk egg yolks, hot sauce, lemon juice, and water in small metal pot (don't let pot touch boiling water).
2. Add small amounts of clarified butter, whisking continuously until thick and creamy.
1. Add white vinegar to a pot of water (about an ounce per gallon). The vinegar will help coagulate the cooking egg. Bring water to a boil.
2. Gently crack the eggs directly into the boiling water. Cook for approx. 3 minutes until eggs are set, yolks still soft.
3. Remove the eggs with a slotted spoon, rocking the spoon over a towel to drain excess water.
Put it all together
1. While your eggs are cooking, place both halves of a toasted English muffin on plate. Top each with a tomato slice and crab cake.
2. Gently spoon an egg atop each crab cake. Spoon a Tbsp. of hollandaise over the eggs. Sprinkle with paprika for garnish.