1 or 1 1/2 lb. package of fully-cooked boneless beef pot roast
1 cup walnut halves
Jar of Chinese-style plum sauce (7 or 8 1/2 oz.)
3 cups fresh broccoli florets (1 to 1 1/2 inch)
2 cups uncooked instant rice
Fresh red plums (optional)
1. Heat large heavy nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot.
2. Combine walnuts and 1/4 cup of the plum sauce in skillet, stirring to coat evenly.
3. Cook 5 to 10 minutes or until most of the moisture has evaporated and walnuts are slightly glazed; stirring frequently. (Do not allow walnuts to scorch).
4. Transfer walnuts to plate; spread to separate.
5. Meanwhile remove beef pot roast from package; set aside.
6. Measure one cup of the gravy and place in same skillet; discard any remaining gravy or reserve for other use.
7. Stir in remaining plum sauce and pepper, as desired; heat over medium heat until hot, stirring occasionally.
8. Cut pot roast into 1 inch pieces. Add to skillet and cook over medium-low heat 5 to 6 minutes or until beef is heated through, stirring occasionally.
9. Meanwhile steam or microwave broccoli until tender. Season with salt and pepper, as desired; keep warm.
10. Cook rice according to package directions; keep warm.
11. Place rice in center of platter, spoon beef and gravy over rice.
12. Arrange broccoli and walnuts around rice and garnish with plums, if desired.
Yield: 6 servings