1 cup champagne
2 sheets gelatin
Fresh snipped chives
1 cup buttermilk
1 cup fresh cream or sour cream
1 tsp. garlic, minced
Salt and white pepper to taste
1. Soak gelatin sheets in cold water until soft.
2. Warm champagne, add soft gelatin, and stir to dissolve.
3. Pour 1/2 champagne into molds - sprinkle chive into mold. Chill and allow to set.
4. Pour remaining champagne and gelatin into cream. Season with garlic, salt, and pepper.
5. Ladle cream on top of set champagne and chill to set.
6. Allow to set for 2 hours before using.
7. Unmold by dipping mold into warm water.
8. Turn-out mold and top a mesclun green salad with the panne cotta.
9. Dress up salad with blanched baby vegetables and greens, and light dressing.
9. Serve chilled.
Yield: 12 (2 oz.) molds