3 cups seasoned croutons
15 large eggs
2 cups milk
1 tsp. seasoned salt
1 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
3/4 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. chopped fresh or frozen chives (or 2 tsp. dried chives)
1 1/2 cups grated cheddar cheese
This is a good make-ahead dish for a special breakfast or brunch.
1. Place croutons in a 13x9-inch ovenproof glass baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Whisk together eggs, milk, seasoned salt, black pepper, onion powder and chives; stir in cheese. Pour over croutons.
3. Cover and chill overnight or at least eight hours, stirring once.
4. Uncover casserole and stir.
5. Bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes, or until center is set.