Down Home Peach Pudding Bread
1 can condensed milk
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup butter or margarine
Pinch of cinnamon
1 1/2 cups baking mix
1 tsp. vanilla
15 oz. can peaches
This recipe won the Betty Crocker Food for the Soul Contest 2000.
1. Preheat oven to 35°.
2. Melt butter, set aside.
3. Drain peaches; reserve juice.
4. Grease 13x9x2 pan, place drained peaches in pan. Pour can of condensed milk over peaches.
5. Combine baking mix, cinnamon, vanilla, milk and saved juice in a bowl. Pour over peaches and condensed milk. Add melted margarine. Stir only three times.
6. Bake 15 minutes and score, continue baking for a total of 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
7. Serve warm or cold with vanilla ice cream.