3/4 cup vegetable oil
3/4 cup chopped red onion
1/2 cup chopped carrots
1/2 cup chopped celery
3/4 cup all-purpose flour
29 oz. chicken broth
3/4 lb. shredded white cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dark beer
3 oz. crumbled blue cheese
4 oz. sliced sun-dried tomatoes
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Heat oil in a large saucepan on medium high. Saute onion, carrot and celery for five minutes, stirring constantly.
2. Add flour and continue to stir for four more minutes.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low and add chicken broth. Simmer and stir for five more minutes.
4. Add cheddar cheese, dark beer and blue cheese, and continue to stir for five more minutes.
5. Remove from heat, and carefully blend in a food processor until smooth.
6. Return to saucepan, heat, and add salt and pepper to taste.
7. Serve and garnish with sliced sun-dried tomatoes.