1/2 lb. butter
1/2 cup chopped onion
1/2 cup diced carrot
1/2 cup diced celery
1/2 cup flour
1 1/2 cup chicken stock
1 1/2 cup goats milk (or butter milk)
4 oz. German white wine
12 oz. grated Swiss cheese
1/2 lb. cooked bulk sausage (drained)
1 Tbsp. nutmeg
Salt and pepper to taste
1. In a large saucepan, melt butter on medium-high heat; saute onion, carrot and celery until soft.
2. Add flour and stir constantly for five minutes.
3. Reduce heat and add chicken stock, cook and stir for 10 minutes, then add goats milk. Continue to simmer, add wine and stir.
4. Fold in cheese and cooked sausage with the nutmeg. Reduce heat to low and stir for five more minutes until smooth.
5. Check the flavor then salt and pepper to taste.
6. Serve with hard crusted bread.