Crab Cakes with Honey-Mustard Glaze
1 lb. lump crab meat
1/4 cup minced yellow bell pepper
1/4 cup minced red onion
1/4 cup minced green onion
1/4 cup mayonnaise
1 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
1/4 cup fresh bread crumbs
1 cup seasoned flour for dipping crab cakes in
3 Tbsp. vegetable oil
1 Tbsp. butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1 cup stone ground mustard
1 cup honey
1 tsp. horseradish
1 Tbspl. white wine
1/4 cup brown sugar
pinch of kosher salt
juice of 1/2 of a honey-tangerine
1. Mix together crab meat, egg, bell pepper, red and green onion, mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Then mix in bread crumbs and from into a two-inch patty. For best results, wrap in wax paper then refrigerate for at least two hours.
2. Next, season the flour with salt and pepper and a touch of cayenne pepper if you like it spicy. Take the crab cakes out of the refrigerator.
3. Pre-heat large skillet over medium-high heat for 2-3 minutes. Add oil and butter and heat until the butter foam subsides.
4. Dip the crab cakes in flour, then place in pan. Cook, turning once, until golden brown on both sides. Total cooking time about 10 minutes.
5. Serve with glaze below.
Yield: 8 two-inch crab cakes
1. In a large bowl, dissolve brown sugar in white wine. Then mix in mustard, honey, horseradish, salt and tangerine juice.
2. Whisk mixture together.
3. Cover and refrigerate for one hour before use.
4. When done, place crab cakes on plate.
5. Pour a touch of the sauce over the crab cakes and serve.