1 pkg. dry yeast
1 cup warm milk
2 Tbsp. sugar
1 cup very soft butter
3 cups all-purpose flour
5 Tbsp. melted butter
1 cup chopped nuts
1/2 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp. almond extract
1 cup powdered sugar
2 Tbsp. water
1. In a quart bowl, dissolve dry yeast in warm milk and sugar.
2. Allow to stand about 5 to 10 minutes. Then beat in 1 cup very soft butter and 3 cups all purpose flour. Mix until a soft moist dough forms.
3. On a floured surface, roll out dough with a floured rolling pin and cut with a 2 inch floured cutter, place in a well-buttered baking pan and allow to rest 5 minutes.
4. Filling: Stir melted butter with chopped nuts, vanilla and almond extract.
5. With a teaspoon, indent small place in top of roll to hold a teaspoon of filling.
6. Cover two pans with damp cotton cloth and allow to raise for 2 hours.
7. Bake at 450° for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
8. Glaze with powdered sugar and water.